Back in August we asked you to urge Governor Susana Martinez to join the Governors United Against BDS campaign. Between your efforts and telephone contacts with the governor’s office by many in our community, including special efforts by the Jewish Federation of New Mexico, we are pleased to announce that Governor Martinez became the 31st governor to sign the pledge. The full text of the pledge generically can be found here, and the signed statement by the Governor can be viewed by clicking on governorsofficestate-nm-us_20161031_161958 and downloading the pdf.
Take Action: Thank the Governor
Take 3 minutes (really, that’s all it will take) to thank the Governor for joining with the rest of the nation to sign the pledge. Here are several ways to contact the Governor:
- You can go to the AJC website to send a form letter of thanks; or
- (better yet) write one of your own and send it firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- contact the Governor on her website; or
Here are some talking points taken from the AJC website plus our own observations. Choose one or two to include in your email.
- Thank you for joining AJC’s bipartisan Governors United Against BDS initiative.
- Thank you for rejecting the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement, and reaffirming your support for Israel.
- Thank you for supporting New Mexico’s interests by securing our trade relationship with our second largest international trading partner.
- The BDS movement seeks to demonize, delegitimize, and isolate Israel, America’s strongest democratic ally in the Middle East.
- The goals and tactics of BDS are not just ill-conceived and counterproductive; they are also antithetical to American interests and values.
- Thank you for your leadership in support of Israel, a robust, pluralistic democracy with deep ties to the United States, and a trusted strategic partner in an increasingly unstable region.
Text with Gov. Martinez’s signature of the AJC Governors United Against BDS: governorsofficestate-nm-us_20161031_161958
Don’t forget – SFMEW Meeting November 7, 7:00 p.m., at 1417 Miracerros Loop South, Santa Fe. Please RSVP to email@example.com. We need your help and advice to advance our activities.
Have you donated to help us support our activities this year? If so, thanks. If not, don’t lose out…make your tax-deductible contribution through the Jewish Federation of New Mexico.